We continued to be successful with remembering to water and so I've been enjoying ( for once in my life) watching plants grow. This year we planted out cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini (courgette) and pumpkins. The plants are doing well in the bins...even the pumpkins which I was quite unsure about. The pumpkin plants are now spilling all over the deck and we have two pumpkins ripening. The zucchini haven't been terribly prolific...we lost one to blackfly (which of course, being a new gardener I had no idea what it was until it had really spread) and the other has had sporadic watering (this one was generally watered by the DS's) so I've had problems with bloosom end rot and other excitements. Here's how the plants looked only a week or so ago..
and our first crop and the crop to come...
The carrots are just about ready too....hope they'll be yummy!
1 comment:
superb! I love your new diary, what a wonderful idea :o)
Your plants are doing so well, I am pig sick with jealousy! I've had one tomato so far this year, (though two are starting to ripen) and zilch in the way of pumpkins or squash, despite promising starts. So sad. That's the only downside (in my eyes) to the rainy summer we've had.
looking forward to the next installment! xx
Post a Comment